My name is Adria. I am a Physical Therapist, marathon runner, CrossFitter, and a mom to 4 dogs. With my experiences I have witnessed the power of mind and body exercise.
I work over 40 hours a week. Prepare almost all of the meals for my husband & I. Work out 6 days a week. Make time for family & friends. Am an avid podcast listener & reader of non-fiction books. And recently began flexing my creative mind.
Certainly a lot of you reading this do SO MUCH more than what I just listed. And you are AMAZING!
Why am I creating this blog?
The power of mind and body exercise is incredible. Over the last year I have become more & more concerned with the overall health & wellness of our country. Consequently, I find myself thinking “I need to do a TED talk“. Or I need to broadcast a message like the National Weather Service on the importance of EXERCISE. This desire is coming from my own doctoral education & my own life experiences (plenty more on this to come in future posts). So this blog is my chance to curate a tribe of women & provide guidance on:
- Balancing exercise, nutrition, & self-care with hectic schedules
- Letting JOY into your life
- Kicking out negative thoughts & self-talk
- Letting in positivity & self-love
- Weekly exercises for your mind & body
- Creating a community where we don’t feel alone in our struggles & thoughts
Secondly, I want to manifest the power of exercise for women by:
- Appropriate exercise prescription during pregnancy & postpartum
- Exercise modification while dealing with pain
- Use of exercise to help with depression & other mental health conditions
- Creating exercise programs to help you reach your goals, no matter what it is!
I have found recovery from an eating disorder. Destructed my negative self-talk. Continued to safely train for a marathon with a significant injury. And found an amazing, new appreciation for my body. All with EXERCISE.
Above all, I want to share with you my stories, education, & discoveries. As a result, I hope to help women in the same boat, balancing on a paddle board near by, or swimming closely along the same lines. There is so much for me to share and I am overfilling with JOY for the opportunity to begin this with you.
Why the name Confetti Wellness?
Confetti brings JOY & celebration. Lots of little things add up to something spectacular. Just like the little things that we will learn along this journey.
Add a little Confetti to every day.
Please subscribe & an email will be sent when new posts are published. In addition, leave comments along the way. I want to get to know you & cater to what you are also wanting help with. Together we can do this.